Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cookbooks: I adore you.

It's hard to be a good at anything without solid directions. In baking, I've realized the
importance of reading the directions. I've made a couple of batches of chocolate chip cookies
without any eggs or with one less cups of flour. Normally when Im baking chocolate chip cookies, an ingredient gets forgotten, left in the cold, dark, lonely cupboard with no mixer to swirl around in. But, this post isn't about my issue with directions, it's about COOKBOOKS!

In this post I'm going to talk about... Cookbooks. Some of them I haven't ever used a recipe from they are just in my familys collection at home but others I may have used more then one recipe from! I just love cookbooks. I could read them all day, whether I was going to bake from
them or not.

500 Cupcakes: The Only Cupcake Compendium You Will Ever Need: I think this
cookbook is great I've never baked any of the recipes in it but I've read through the recipes a
number of times. It's all cupcakes and muffins. Some of them don't sound as good as others.






Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, & Shakes: this cookbook may not involve baking but every recipe in it sounds so yummy! All of the pictures make all of the food look so tasty! My dad got this cookbook for Christmas and I think it's the best gift he's gotten! :-) The recipe that I think sounds best is the toasted coconut milkshake! Yum yum yum!



But the best "cookbook" is Epicurious! It's every single recipe from eac
h issue of Gourmet and Bon Appetit! On each recipe you can write a review of the food and rate it in 'forks'. You can select what you want in (and not in) all the recipes you find, and they have a new recipe of the day every day, like today's recipe (July 27, 2010) is the No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Cream Pie! Yummy!


So buy some of these AWESOME cookbooks or read them if you have them at home! And check out the tasty recipes I recommended!

Bon Appetit! --Maggie Mae :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment